Facebook App Shows Notification but None there 2019

If you're having issues with your Facebook notifications lately, i.e. obtaining updates as well as groups from people you don't recognize, then you're not alone-- lots of individuals began grumbling about it because last Sunday, June 19. Luckily, I've found a remedy to it. Information after the jump.

Facebook App Shows Notification But None There



Facebook Notifications Problem


I was doing my usual early morning routine last Sunday (June 19) when I found something strange about my Facebook account: I'm getting notices from individuals I do not know. More particularly, I'm getting 'likes' as well as remarks from condition updates as well as links that I really did not post, and updates from groups I did not sign up with.

The Solution

This obtained me to considering my Facebook setups, and also caught the remedy just as I was surfing mine: it's a trouble with just how my Account Safety was established. * headpalm *.

I promptly posted an option to my Posterous and also now I'm copying it here for all to see (with [edits]:

1. Go to Account Settings >> Account Task.

2. From the Account Activity section, you'll discover that the various computers as well as places that are currently accessing your FB account. [You can see this from the tab 'Additionally Energetic'. It ought to be revealing places and gadgets that you are not acquainted with.]
3. End each of the sessions [on 'Also Active'] by clicking on the 'End' [switch]

4. Afterwards make sure to check 'Secure Searching' (so you'll get on HTTPS, much more safe and secure) and 'Login Notifications' (so you'll be informed if someone else is logging on your account.) [Just claimed, checking these alternatives will make accessing your Facebook account more safe.]
5. After adhering to these actions, you ought to get this:.

Facebook Notifications Problem


Make certain to alter your passwords after. Note additionally that with these settings, you have to attest every device that will access your account. That shows up in a display when you try to access your account via your smart phones.

Last Thoughts.

[Upgraded June 29, 2011] I understand there are still enigmas to be resolved however the culprit right here actually is, well, my idleness: I need to have inspected those security setups prior to. With all the existing goings-on regarding hacking and also such, I ought to have double-checked my accounts so that I can least shield them from breach. I really don't know for sure it this was associated with that, but a minimum of I might rest easy that I have actually done something about it.