How I Change My Username In Facebook 2019

Lots of people developed a Facebook account about a years ago when it appeared onto the social media sites scene.

For me, that was my freshman year of high school. Against my moms and dads' dreams, I had gotten on Myspace for concerning a year or two (Mother And Father if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook began testing Myspace as the social media sites network to be on, I really did not want to miss out on the activity.

So I rapidly produced an account while my parents were asleep one night.

As you can imagine, freshman-year Holly was not my finest self. Immature, unconfident, and a little strange, I produced a username that was great for me at the time. Not so excellent now as a young expert.

If you resemble me and created a Facebook at a fairly young age, you're most likely in the very same boat. Never ever fear, your Facebook username can be altered.

How I Change My Username In Facebook



Things is, your username does not show up huge on your profile or anything. Thankfully. However it does appear as part of your Facebook web page LINK. That in itself makes it worthwhile to transform to something more appropriate.

The good news is, it's rather straightforward! Follow along as well as I'll show you just how.

Action 1: Visit to Facebook.

Visit to your Facebook account. This is the email that you utilized to produce your account as well as your Facebook password. If you additionally created your Facebook page a decade back, you may make use of a now-defunct email to sign in. I know I do. There's an easy way to upgrade that while altering your URL, which I'll get involved in later.

Step 2: Navigate to Setups.

When you successfully log in, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Pictures of your close friends' interactions as well as children and inebriated nights out will certainly inhabit your display. Perhaps you'll also spot some new Facebook 3D images.

Seek to the top of the page where the blue banner is. To the very right, you'll see a tiny arrow directing down. Click on that to open up the drop-down menu. From there, click on Setups, which is second from the bottom.

Change Facebook Username


Action 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Settings page that you're now on, consider the second alternative from the top. It's your username! Click the pencil symbol to the right of it to alter your username as well as URL.

Now that there are 2.23 billion monthly active Facebook individuals available, it might be tough to come up with a distinct username. Facebook will allow you understand if the username is available or otherwise when you kind it in.

Change Facebook Username


Once you discover an offered username, click Save.

Now you have a new Facebook username as well as Facebook URL!

Keep in mind: As I pointed out above, if you are using an obsolete e-mail, this is additionally the location you can transform that! Straight listed below username is a field called Contact, where you can upgrade your e-mail address to whatever you currently make use of.

Tip 4: Examine Facebook LINK.

To examine that your changes have actually conserved, browse to your Facebook profile. You can do this by clicking your name situated in the top right corner.

When on your account, take a look at the LINK. It should be your brand-new one!

Enjoy your brand-new Facebook username.

Currently you no longer need to live under whatever label your high-school-self created. Your username and also URL show you as the individual you are now!