How to Change My Username In Facebook 2019

Many individuals created a Facebook account regarding a decade back when it appeared onto the social media scene.

For me, that was my fresher year of high school. Against my parents' dreams, I had actually been on Myspace for regarding a year approximately (Mother And Father if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook began testing Myspace as the social networks network to be on, I really did not want to lose out on the activity.

So I promptly developed an account while my moms and dads were asleep one evening.

As you can imagine, freshman-year Holly was not my best self. Premature, insecure, and also a little unusual, I created a username that was fantastic for me at the time. Not so great currently as a young expert.

If you resemble me and developed a Facebook at a reasonably young age, you're most likely in the exact same boat. Never ever be afraid, your Facebook username can be altered.

How To Change My Username In Facebook



Things is, your username doesn't show up large on your profile or anything. Thankfully. However it does appear as part of your Facebook page LINK. That by itself makes it worthwhile to transform to something better.

The good news is, it's fairly straightforward! Follow along as well as I'll show you how.

Action 1: Visit to Facebook.

Log in to your Facebook account. This is the email that you used to create your account and your Facebook password. If you additionally produced your Facebook page a years back, you may use a now-defunct email to check in. I know I do. There's an easy way to upgrade that while transforming your LINK, which I'll enter later on.

Action 2: Browse to Setups.

When you successfully log in, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Pictures of your buddies' involvements and children and also drunken nights out will certainly occupy your display. Possibly you'll even detect some brand-new Facebook 3D images.

Look to the top of the page where the blue banner is. To the extremely right, you'll see a little arrowhead directing down. Click on that to open up the drop-down menu. From there, click Settings, which is second from all-time low.

Change Facebook Username


Action 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Settings web page that you're currently on, consider the 2nd alternative from the top. It's your username! Click the pencil symbol to the right of it to transform your username and also URL.

Now that there are 2.23 billion monthly energetic Facebook customers available, it might be challenging ahead up with an one-of-a-kind username. Facebook will certainly allow you know if the username is readily available or not when you kind it in.

Change Facebook Username



When you find an available username, click Save.

Now you have a brand-new Facebook username and also Facebook URL!

Keep in mind: As I stated above, if you are making use of an obsolete e-mail, this is also the area you can change that! Straight below username is an area called Contact, where you can upgrade your email address to whatever you currently use.

Tip 4: Check Facebook URL.

To inspect that your modifications have actually saved, navigate to your Facebook profile. You can do this by clicking your name situated in the leading right corner.

Once on your profile, check out the LINK. It should be your brand-new one!

Enjoy your new Facebook username.

Now you no more have to live under whatever label your high-school-self created. Your username and also LINK mirror you as the individual you are now!